ALPHA ARTS AND SCIENCE COLLEGEOpen or Close
Alpha Arts and Science College (AASC) is run by the Alpha Educational Society, a non-profit educational body registered under the societies registration act, 1860. The College, started in the year 1996, is a private, unaided, co-educational arts and science institution approved by the Government of Tamilnadu with permanent affiliation to the University of Madras and accredited by NAAC.
The college is affiliated to the University of Madras with Choice Based Credit System and follows the semester pattern with mandatory extension activities, value education and soft skills. The Under Graduate programmes are for duration of three years leading to Degrees awarded by the University of Madras on successful completion of academic requirements and passing the University examinations prescribed for the course during the six semesters under Choice Based Credit System (CBCS).
The Quality Management System of this Minority Institution confirms to ISO standards 9001:2015. AASC offers 9 Undergraduate programmes and 2 Post graduate programmes and is equipped with suitable infrastructural facilities to aid the teaching-learning process. The Institution, being affiliated to the University of Madras, follows the Choice Based Credit System and Semester pattern with mandatory extension activities, value education and soft skills. The Under Graduate programmes are for duration of three years leading to Degrees awarded by the University of Madras on successful completion of academic requirements and passing the University examinations prescribed for the course during the six semesters under Choice Based Credit System (CBCS).
This Institution is an intellectual destination that challenges conventional thinking and stimulates passion to redefine learning. Alpha invokes and instills a sense of inspiration in students to achieve more and get to the higher benchmarks.
- To achieve academic excellence of cent percent in all classes.
- To train the students to emerge as toppers / rank holders in all departments at the University level.
- To ensure placement for all outgoing students.
- To enable every student to acquire an interdisciplinary skill set by undergoing a certificate / diploma course.
- To improve the oral and written communication skills of all the students.
- To inculcate core human values in student.
We, at Alpha Arts and Science College are committed to inculcate in students a sound philosophy based on humanistic ideals, striving for continual improvements in the quality of educational offerings thereby satisfying the needs of the stakeholders & community.
Mission & VisionOpen or Close
To offer a wide range of academic programmes relevant to the regional and national needs in line with the emerging trends.
- To train the students through innovative instructional techniques and steer them towards higher thinking.
- To assist the students to acquire healthy and useful experiences leading to holistic progression.
- To develop entrepreneurial skills and bridge the lacuna between the world of work and learning.
- To promote value-based education, sensitizing the students to social responsibility and good citizenry
To instill in a student a sound philosophy based on core human values and through quality education foster a community of competent youth who would contribute to the National and Global Development, serving humanity at large.
MessagesOpen or Close
- Chairpersonâs Message
- Vice Chairpersonâs Message
- Principal's Message
It gives me great pleasure to welcome you all to the Alpha Group of Institutions. Alpha Group of Educational Institutions has institutionalised âSeek, Share and Serveâ as its motto for a continued search for knowledge and information, and share the received wisdom with the community to selflessly serve mankind. Every marble piece has within, certain unwanted parts, needing to be chiseled out by its maker, before being sculpted into a beautiful statue. Alpha over the past four and a half decades is in the pursuit of this noble mission to help mould blossoming minds. We have diligently developed our academic philosophy by laying great emphasis on the pursuit of knowledge, its application and skills to help in its dissemination. Our underlying philosophy is to create new benchmarks by incorporating new initiatives in the field of education through modern and innovative teaching / learning methodologies. Alpha knows no bounds in knowledge and realises the margin fades forever and ever as it moves. But within its boundaries, the disseminated knowledge embodies the spirit of inquiry, research and quality. Our search is incessant, our service is ceaseless and our perseverance untiring. Imparting right knowledge, enhancing wisdom and creating distinct individuals is our pursuit.
Today we stand in the threshold of a new era-an era empowered by âknowledge economyâ. Even as we prepare to ride the waves of change, on our foundations built on solid rock firmly anchored on strong life principles. Alpha prides itself in not only being an institution imparting lifeâs latest know-how but also instilling human core values. May God bless you. May His mighty hand guide you in all your endeavours.
- Dr. Mrs. Grace George
ChairpersonVice Chairpersonâs Message
âEducation is not preparation for life, education is life itselfâ -John Dewey
Alpha concurs on the magnitude of this statement and strives to impact the lives of the students under its fold with positive and transforming learning experiences. The holistic intervention in education is imperative at every growth phase of the student.
We are thus constantly striving to provide a conducive environment to create a balance in the academic, emotional, spiritual, creative and physical development of students. We believe that in todayâs world where change is constant and fast paced, we need to, as educators be adaptable to the continuous innovative and improvised models and trends in education research. This helps us to deliver quality of highest standards and provide a firm foundation for the holistic development of our students. The learning environment in the classroom is also aimed at teachers being sensitive to the various needs of different learners.
John F Kennedy once said, âA child miseducated is a child lostâ, thus at Alpha we go the extra mile to delve into all the developmental aspects of the student. We provide continuous training to our staff, in order that they may be agents of qualitative and holistic transformation in the lives of the students who pass through the portals of our Institutions.
Alpha continuously strives for excellence in the field of education by accepting the best practice from around the globe and implementing innovation in our instructional practice to provide an impetus and develop students to be worthy leaders and citizens of our nation.
At Alpha we believe that the training of the mind to develop lateral thinking and the ability to process knowledge and information in a critical and analytical manner are skills which are imperative in todayâs competitive world. The skills to be imbibed in order to interpret and apply the knowledge imbibed and to provide solutions to complex problems and the ability to make informed decisions is a very essential quality much sought after in the corporate environment. Thus, we ensure that these skills are developed by benchmarking our teaching and training to the best global practices and research.
The true goal of education is not to be self-serving but to serve and contribute to society with empathy and benevolence. We aspire to make every student in our care, blossom into responsible and thinking individuals who would be life-long learners and be agents of transformation and thus worthy citizens. I would like to reiterate this commitment by quoting the Dalai Lama,
âWhen educating the mind of our youth, we must not forget to educate their hearts.â
- Mrs. Suja George
Vice ChairpersonPrincipal's Message
Dear learner, we congratulate and welcome you to the annals of higher education through Alpha Arts and Science College, Chennai. We all know that no learning is new learning, it is only the extension of old learning. But the ambience that fosters learning and ensures overall development of the budding citizens of the country is of paramount importance. We at Alpha strive to extend that ambience to ensure knowledge, skills, values and emotional development.
As per Hilda Taba an inductive instructor âThinking is the lawful way of learning but we lawfully teach to deny thinkingâ. Provision of acquisition rich learning environment that accommodates styles, models and diversity is our priority to make any learner to think and evolve appetite for curricular rigour. We invite the learners to take maximum mileage out of our state-of-the-art instructional technology that embrace the models of Inquiry training, Experiential learning and Meta-cognitive strategies. The co-curricular immersion, horning of employable skills and placement drive would be the testimony to the statement made by Mahatma Gandhi â Education must result in employment.
We are very sure that your trust over this institution which is a part of a noble mission that offers educational services for more than five decades would be realized and wish you all a great learning experience.
-Dr. A. Sivasankar
Principal, Alpha Arts & Science College
ACHIEVEMENTSOpen or Close
- âBest Educationalist Awardâ and a âCertificate of Education Excellenceâ from International Institute of Education and Management, Delhi, 2017.
- âNational Mahila Rattan Gold Medal Awardâ and a âCertificate of Education Excellenceâ from Indian Solidarity Council, New Delhi, 2017.
- âIndira Gandhi Education Excellence Awardâ from International Business Council, New Delhi, 2017.
- âLifetime Education Achievement Awardâ from National and International Compendium, New Delhi, 2017.
- 2017-18: Cambridge English Language Assessment awards - Alpha Arts and Science College for âBest Employability Support for Studentsâ South Asia Best 25 Preparation Centre Awards for Higher Education.
- Alpha Arts and Science College was awarded for the Academic Excellence in the Faculty Development category by ICT Academy, 2018.
- Certificate of Appreciation from ITC Ltd PAPERBOARD SPECIALITY PAPER DIVISION for partnering with WOW Wellbeing Out of Waste, a Nationwide Recycling Initiative of ITC and contributing 2928 kgs of dry recyclable waste for recycling during FY 2018-2019.
- Alpha Enactus won the first prize at the competition organised at Regionals level on Globe 2030 by Enactus India. Alpha Enactus has won a scholarship for volunteering activity in January 2018.
Memorandums of Understanding (MoUs)
- The Department of Biotechnology signed an MOU with Bio Zone Research Technologies (DSIR Lab) Recognised Premier institute for research collaborations.
- The Department of BBA is working in close association with VY systems for training the students for the role of HR Recruiters.
- The Department of ECS signed an MoU with Pantech Pvt Ltd on 15.2.2019 for Collaborative projects.
- The Department of B.Com CS signed an MoU with ICSI on 28.7.2018 to establishment of Study Centre to conduct FDP, Workshop.
- MoU with ICT Academy on 20.6.2018 for various training programs.
- MoU with MTS Academy on 11.8.2018, collaboration for conduct of Research, educational and training programmes.
- The Departments of Tamil, Hindi, French, BT, ISM have scored 9 University ranks within the first 15 positions. C. Nivetha from the Department of BBA and R. Meena, Student of Department of Computer Science- Shift- II, who have secured Overall First Rank in the University.
- University Ranks full list attached in a separate attachment (see attachment UNIVERSITY RANK ANALYSIS Shift I & II)
UNIVERSITY RANK ANALYSIS â 2015 -18 Batch